Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend with friends!

This weekend one of my very best friends came to visit!!! Its always so exciting for me when friends come to visit. One, because I always miss them and its great to see people when you haven't in a while. Two, because she braves staying at my noisy with my girls that are up at 7am! My girls love Karen, last night while we were leaving my moms house Tula informed Karen that she would be sleeping with her! Lucky for Karen, Tula was sound asleep in the car before we got home and went to sleep in her own bed without a fuss. My family loves Karen as much as I do, so naturally we spent one day while she was here with them also. We got there in the morning and sat and talked for a while, after lunch we all sat and watched Arthur(the new one with Russel Brand, its funny!) so the girls could take a nap. We ran and got fresh corn and potatoes from the local vegetable stand and had that and steaks for dinner! After dinner came the fun part, we made deep fried candy bars for desert. My mother had me, the sweets craving pregnant person, on her mind while thinking of the desert. They were amazing! Frozen Snickers, Milky way, Milky way Dark, Twixs, and 3 Musketeers on sticks. Dipped in funnel cake batter and quickly fried to warm gooey perfection! I am pretty sure both my girls were chocolate wasted! lol Altho a 2 day visit with my best friend isn't all that long, even a little time is well worth it and i hope Karen enjoyed seeing us as much as we did her!!! XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment