Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tastey Tuesday and a Power Outage.

So ive decided that tuesday will be my day to share good recipes, if I have any! so today im sharing one i got from Paula Dean. I love food network and get alot of cool ideas from watching all the great cooks! Todays offering is a Caramel Apple Cheesecake!!!
Cousin Johnnie's Caramel Apple Cheesecake on the Food Network
I made a few changes when I baked this. Instead of just the orange juice I also added about a teaspoon of orange zest! It turned out amazing, and really it would be a great cheesecake plain or with any type of topping you like! For the caramel apple sauce I used walnuts instead of pecans and again it was fabulous!

Now onto this mornings power outage. So at about 5:30 this morning I was startled awake by fan briefly beeping. It had turned off then back on then quickly off again. I dont really care if the power goes out for a bit but if its out for a long period of time it makes me nervous. today it was out from 5:30am - 8:45am. Yikes! I even called the city just to make sure it wanst just my house with the problem. Apparently the lady was getting lots of these calles this morning, because she sounded irritated that she had to tell me they were working on it. This morning trying to explain to Tula why she wasnt able to watch her usual morning cartoons on Prarie Public was interesting. She had asked me to turn the tv on and when I told her I couldnt she replied with, "thats not fully mom". I wasnt trying to be funny so i showed her that even if i tried it wouldnt work. All she said then was " well its broke mommy we just need to go get a new one". lol. No its not broken but even if it was I couldnt afford a new one, she didnt appreciate my response. Now that its all working again she is happy as a clam, and so is her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment